Seven Species Salad
This grain and fruit salad makes a perfect side dish alongside chicken or fish, or top with feta for a hearty vegetarian meal.
- 1.5 cups barley, cooked
- 1.5 cups freekeh, cooked
- 1/4 cup dried figs, chopped
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup red grapes, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Combine cooked barley and freekeh in a large bowl.
Add fruit (figs through grapes) and mix well; set aside.
To make dressing, combine olive oil, vinegar, honey and lemon juice. Add dressing to grains and fruit salad and mix well. Add salt and pepper, to taste.