Sauteed Veggie Salad with Kefir Ranch Dressing
This salad provides a delicious crunch with a probiotic-rich dressing.
- 2 each plant-based burger (I used Dr. Praeger's kale burger)
- 1 cup broccoli, cut floret into smaller pieces
- 1 each green bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 head butter, romaine or other leafy green lettuce, torn
- 10 each cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/4 each red onion, finely diced
- 1 each carrot, shaved into thin strips using a vegetable peeler
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain kefir
- 1/4 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or thaw a frozen garlic cube)
- 1 teaspoon favorite dried herbs (parsley, dill, oregano or a blend)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- Dash ground pepper
Add olive oil to large skillet pan and heat over medium-high heat. Place veggie burgers, cut broccoli and diced green peppers in pan; cook until heated through, about 7-10 minutes (flipping burgers halfway). Set aside while making salad and dressing.
Distribute remaining vegetables (lettuce through carrots) evenly between two bowls.
Make dressing by combining remaining ingredients (kefir through black pepper) to a Mason jar or cup with lid. Shake until well-combined.
Top each salad bowl with a burger and sauteed veggies. Drizzle with kefir dressing and enjoy.