Quick Vegetable Soup
Quick and hearty vegetable soup made with frozen veggies and canned beans.
- 28 oz. can diced or crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 12 oz. frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1.5 cups frozen or fresh chopped kale or spinach
- 2 each frozen garlic cubes or 2 cloves fresh minced garlic
- 2 each frozen basil cubes or 1 tsp. dried basil
- 15.5 oz. can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
In a medium pot, add tomatoes (undrained) and broth; bring to boil. Add remaining ingredients. Bring back to a boil, cover with lid and turn heat to medium-low. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Garnish with grated or shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.