Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
This vegetarian sandwich comes together in about 15 minutes and makes a tasty and power packed lunch. Rich in folate, potassium, dietary fiber, protein and vitamins C and K, this sandwich will please even meat lovers.
- 2 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1 each red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 each zucchini, sliced
- 1 each yellow squash, sliced
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Add peppers, zucchini and squash; cook for 5 minutes.
While vegetables are cooking, toast bread lightly in toaster. Spread hummus evenly on top of all four bread slices. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
Top hummus with sauteed vegetables, then evenly sprinkle on feta cheese and top with spinach. Place one slice of toast on top of each sandwich.